If you want to build a connected home, then the smart thermostats are the perfect solution for you. However, most people confuse them with smart meters that will automatically and digitally send meter readings to your energy supplier.
The smart thermostat will allow you to control temperature remotely through mobile devices such as a smartphone, tablet or PC. This way you will get better control over your heating.
Difference Between Smart and Traditional Thermostats
You remember the old times when we had to set the temperature on dial manually. Traditional thermostats come with a metal strip that looks similar to an electrical circuit. The metal strip will tell your boiler to turn on. When your house heats up, the strip will heat up too.
As soon as you reach the perfect temperature, the circuit will break and move away from the connectors. That will make the boiler to turn off. As house cools off, the strip will also cool and return to the place to turn on the boiler again.
Digital thermostats, on the other hand, have a thermometer that shuts off the boiler when you reach the perfect and desired temperature.
The smart thermostat has a more intelligent way to connect with your boiler. In most cases, they work through Wi-Fi network and existing wired connection as traditional thermostats. \
Therefore, you don’t have to purchase boiler with Wi-Fi connectivity. You have to find the one that is compatible with a smart thermostat. We recommend you to have these things in mind before buying a smart home thermostat.
How to Set the Temperature on Smart Thermostat?
The first thing that you have to do is to install the companion app that you can synchronize with the smart thermostat. That way you will be able to alter settings from wherever you are across the globe with a single tap on a screen. High-end smart thermostats can also connect to your air-conditioned, which is an excellent solution for all seasons.
Open the app and set the temperature. Your best smart thermostat has to be connected all the time with your Wi-Fi in the home so that you can control it remotely. As you set the new temperature, the new setting will vie Internet to the smart thermostat to your home.
Wi-Fi router will transmit all instructions to your thermostat. In a matter of seconds, your thermostat will readjust temperature and send you to signal that your boiler is on or off.
Convenient and Handy Features
Smart thermostats for home also come with different features that will help you lower the energy bill and enjoy in more convenience. They can also learn the behavior you make so that it can reduce the heat while you are not at home.
You don’t have to worry if you are on holiday and you left the heating on because you just have to check the app and you will be able to turn it off in a moment.
- Automated Temperature Changes – As we have mentioned above, smart thermostats controlled by phone can learn your behavior. However, you can also control it by geo-fencing so that you can schedule a temperature without manual programming.
- Auto Changeover Switch – This particular feature will automatically switch between cooling and heating – which is handy in places where days are much warmer than nights and vice versa.
- Intuitive Controls – When you choose Wi-Fi thermostat that has a large display, you will be able to program it quickly in the dark.
Advantages of Using Smart Thermostat for Home:
- Less chance for human error – You should have in mind that smart thermostats will learn your preferences and schedule, so it is easier to let it handle rising and dropping while you come and go. It is more energy efficient solution than doing it yourself. At the same time, if you leave the heater running all day long, with smart thermostats it will detect when you are gone and turn it off.
- Convenient Way to Control – If you have more than one home, the smart thermostat is an excellent way to confirm that everything is okay while you are away. We can easily say that smart thermostat is like a window to your home.
- Get Notifications and Alerts – This is an excellent advantage because it will send you notifications in case the temperature is rising and falling outside the range. If something happens with Wi-Fi network, it will notify you before it goes down.
There are numerous benefits of smart thermostats that we can mention, but that is not the topic. The idea was to understand the way your intelligent thermostat functions and connects to Wi-Fi network. Finally, the idea was to provide you thorough explanation what to have in mind when it comes to smart thermostats.
Smart thermostats are a great way to increase the temperature control in your home without too much hassle. It is a convenient solution for bigger houses, and we recommend you to consider it.
If you have any question, feel free to comment in the section below, and we will answer you in short notice.